London Hearts is working with councils to place Stop the Bleed boxes across England to ensure communities are equipped to deal with major injuries, wounds and trauma.
- Ten people on average are caught with blades EVERY DAY on the streets of London.
- In the year ending March 2020, there were around 46,000 (selected) offences involving a knife or sharp instrument in England and Wales.
- London recorded the highest rate of 179 offences involving a knife per 100,000 population 2019/20, a slight increase on a rate of 169 in 2018/19.
When someone suffers a serious bleed, they are likely to lose blood rapidly, and will require treatment immediately. Bystander intervention could make the difference between life and death. While waiting for paramedics, the Prometheus Bleed Control Kit can be used by any lay person, bystander or trained medic with the means to immediately control loss of blood in a medical emergency.
The lightweight pack is fully portable for versatile storage including bleed cabinet boxes, inside a vehicle, or alongside your other medical/first aid equipment.
The pack also includes basic instructions for the lay person to have a straightforward understanding of the equipment included, and where/how to use.
- Prometheus Trauma Dressing - Designed to control moderate bleeding
- ChitoGauze® XR Pro - A haemostatic gauze dressing that is very effective, designed to control moderate to very severe haemorrhage
- Russell Chest Seal® - An innovative dressing for emergency management of penetrating chest wounds
- SOF® Tactical Tourniquet Wide - The latest evolution of the SOFTT-W tourniquet
- Nitrile Gloves - Personal protection
Get in touch with London Hearts to discuss how we can help your community obtain this lifesaving kit.